Job Opening at Ensaaf: Program Associate
Join a Dedicated Team
Join a dedicated team of individuals and help end impunity and achieve justice in Punjab for the Decade of Disappearances.
Ensaaf is seeking a full-time Program Associate to draft case summaries based on interviews, collected by Ensaaf, of families whose loved ones were unlawfully killed or disappeared by India's security forces. As the case summaries will ultimately be used in a variety of advocacy initiatives and reports, this is an important position that will help mobilize international stakeholders on the issue of impunity for mass state crimes in India.
The Program Associate Will Join a Passionate, Experienced, and Committed Organization
The successful candidate will possess excellent writing skills, experience working with databases, attention to detail, fluency in Punjabi and English, and be highly organized and self-motivated. Qualified candidates with a demonstrated commitment to public interest issues are preferred.
Please note that the Program Associate will telecommute. The Program Associate will join a passionate, experienced, and committed organization that has made great strides in documenting abuses, litigating cases, and conducting advocacy on the Decade of Disappearances in Punjab. Some of our recent successes include: helping convict three police officers in a 25-year old unlawful killing case, winning the Amnesty International Best Human Rights Short award for The Last Killing, and documenting cases in 11,000 villages.
- Draft case summaries of victims of human rights abuses using primary data,
- Maintain a database of human rights violations,
- Translate Punjabi free text gathered during Ensaaf’s interview process, and
- Perform general administrative and other duties as assigned.
- Fluency in Punjabi language, especially reading and comprehension,
- Exceptional writing skills,
- Familiarity with database and spreadsheet software, and Microsoft Office,
- Highly organized and detail-oriented,
- Firm commitment to confidentiality, and
- Capacity to work independently. Ensaaf employees work in multiple time zones, some of whom work nontraditional hours.
Minimum Commitment: 2 years
Compensation: Commensurate with experience, plus generous medical and dental benefits, vacation, and sick leave.
Application: Please submit a cover letter, resume, 2 references and a writing sample to Bachittar A. Singh, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The final deadline to apply is April 4, 2016, although interested individuals are encouraged to apply earlier because applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview and further evaluation.