Thank You For Your Support In 2015!
Because of your generosity, we raised $32,000 in the last three weeks of December 2015. We want to thank all of you who contributed to our #WhyIGiveToEnsaaf campaign!
Your support helps us reach more families, make more documentaries, and pursue more legal cases. More importantly, your support brings us closer to completing our work to document “disappearances,” unlawful killings, and torture in Punjab. Our partnership with you has demonstrated that a focused vision, combined with real resources, can accomplish what many said was too difficult.
Through your investment, we were able to accomplish significant goals in 2015, including:
- Releasing A Song To Remember, a short documentary in which Manbir Singh Mand and Jatinderpal Singh pay tribute to their three uncles, killed by India’s security forces during the Decade of Disappearances in Punjab (1984 - 1995);
- Releasing A Light of Justice: Commemorating Jaswant Singh Khalra, on the 20th anniversary of the police abduction of human rights defender Jaswant Singh Khalra. This 30-minute film contains interviews with Khalra’s family, as well as archival footage of Khalra when he investigated secret cremations and “disappearances” in Punjab;
- Winning the Best Documentary Short at the New Filmmakers Los Angeles “Best of 2014” for Ensaaf’s documentary, The Last Killing, and being selected for Al Jazeera’s 11th annual Al Jazeera International Documentary Festival in Doha;
- Releasing ReportPunjabPolice.org, together with the Khalra Mission Organization and the Punjab Human Rights Organization, a new web-based tool to help empower victims of government abuse to directly report their experiences;
- Documenting cases of “disappearances,” unlawful killings, and torture in over 2,000 villages.
For our recurring donors, thank you for supporting us through the years. For our new donors, thank you for helping us grow our work and impact. We look forward to our continued partnership!