Join Ensaaf as our Development Associate
Ensaaf is seeking a dedicated full-time Development Associate to lead the organization’s fundraising efforts, effective immediately. We need an individual who not only demonstrates a strong commitment to social justice, but who also takes initiative to generate new ideas and can serve as a community liaison.
The Development Associate will direct, coordinate, and provide overall support for the activities necessary to attract donors to the organization, as well as manage existing donor relationships. The successful candidate must be detail-oriented, meet deadlines with ease, exercise a high level of confidentiality, be highly organized, and have a flexible attitude.
Ensaaf is a nonprofit organization working to end impunity and achieve justice for mass state crimes in India, with a focus on Punjab, by documenting abuses, bringing perpetrators to justice, and organizing survivors. The Development Associate will join a talented and dedicated team and help Ensaaf continue to reach milestones in protecting and promoting human rights in India.
Please note the Development Associate will telecommute, but will ideally be based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Fundraising Plan and Strategy
- In collaboration with Co-Directors and Board, create annual fund development plan and strategy
- Provide regular progress updates to stakeholders
- Research and pursue new sources of potential funding
- Identify, cultivate, secure, retain, and strengthen relationships with donors
- Create and follow communications calendar for keeping donors updated
- Prepare and make presentations for fundraising events
- Create content for Ensaaf’s press releases, brochures, and other written materials
- Speak in Punjabi or English at community events on behalf of Ensaaf
- Plan, produce, and supervise community events with a focus on fundraising and creating awareness about Ensaaf’s projects
- Recruit, train, and manage volunteers for events and projects
- Bachelor’s degree
- Previous fundraising experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and Punjabi; previous community experience preferred
- Familiarity with MS Office Suite and database software
- Organized work habits with incredible attention to detail
- Flexible attitude, and ability to work with employees in different states
- Firm commitment to confidentiality
- Ability to stay productive and motivated while working from home
- Some travel required
COMPENSATION: Salary is commensurate with experience; compensation includes vacation, sick leave, plus excellent medical/dental benefits.
APPLICATION: Please submit the following materials to Sandeep Kaur Gill at firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Development Associate Application” in the subject line:
- Cover Letter
- Sample press release for an end-of-year fundraising campaign
- An elevator pitch: You are at your high school reunion, and are telling an old friend about what you do now. How would you describe Ensaaf in less than 3 sentences?