Continuing Our Work in 2014
In a few months, Ensaaf will commemorate its 10th anniversary. As we approach this milestone, we want to share with you some of our key successes from 2013:
- Through our Punjab Documentation Project, we have now documented cases of disappearances and unlawful killings from 5,000 villages. This includes written documents and photographs, as well as hours of video footage.
- In April, hundreds of human rights supporters came together at Appear for the Disappeared commemorative walks in the San Francisco Bay Area, New York City and London.
- We completed two documentaries based on our work in Punjab, The Last Killing and Seeking Ensaaf.
- In September, we commemorated the 18th anniversary of S. Jaswant Singh Khalra’s disappearance through a social media campaign, and engaged in over 20 educational presentations about our issues.
- We published an op-ed in The Christian Science Monitor on the 25th Anniversary of the suspension of the right to life in Punjab, India.
We could not have done this without your support. Please help us reach our goal to document disappearances and unlawful killings in every village in Punjab. Please consider making a tax-deductible donation by December 31.
If you donate $350 or more, you will receive a copy of The Last Killing, an exclusive DVD featuring an original music score, along with a special accompanying booklet detailing the cases covered in the movie.
You can view our past accomplishments here.
Thank you for your support!