Job Opening: Join Ensaaf as a Program Associate
(Pleasanton, CA) Ensaaf is seeking a full-time Program Associate to draft case summaries based on interviews of families whose loved ones were unlawfully killed or disappeared by India's security forces. As the case summaries will ultimately be used in a variety of advocacy initiatives and reports, this is an important position that will offer someone a chance to help mobilize international stakeholders on the issue of impunity for mass state crimes in Punjab, India.
The successful candidate will posses excellent writing skills, experience working with databases, attention to detail, fluency in Punjabi and English, and be highly organized and self-motivated. Qualified candidates with a demonstrated commitment to public interest issues are preferred.
Please note that the Program Associate will telecommute.
- Draft case summaries of victims of human rights abuses using primary data
- Maintain a database of human rights violations
- Translate Punjabi free text gathered during interviews
- Perform general administrative and other duties as assigned
- Fluency in Punjabi language, especially reading and comprehension
- Exceptional writing skills
- Familiarity with database and spreadsheet software
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Firm commitment to confidentiality
- Capacity to work independently (Ensaaf employees work in multiple time zones, some of whom work untraditional hours)
- Eligibility to work in the U.S
Minimum Commitment: > 1 year
Compensation:> $30,000 annually, plus generous medical and dental benefits, vacation, and sick leave.
Application: > Please submit a resume, cover letter, and writing sample to Satvinder Kaur Dhaliwal, at email@example.com. The final deadline to apply is June 25, although interested individuals are encouraged to apply earlier because applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview and further evaluation. >