Job Opening: Join Ensaaf as a Case Summary Writer
(Seattle, WA) Ensaaf is seeking a full-time Case Summary Writer to draft case summaries based on interviews of families whose loved ones were unlawfully killed or disappeared by India's security forces. As the case summaries will ultimately be used in a variety of advocacy initiatives and reports, this is an important position that will offer someone a chance to help mobilize international stakeholders on the issue of impunity for mass state crimes in Punjab, India.
The successful candidate will posses excellent writing skills, experience working with databases, attention to detail, and be highly organized and self-motivated. Qualified candidates with a demonstrated interest in public interested matters are preferred.
Please note that the Case Summary Writer will telecommute.
- Draft case summaries (i.e., narratives) of victims of human rights abuses using primary data gathered by Ensaaf
- Maintain a database of human rights violations
- Collect and track translations of Punjabi free text gathered during interviews
- Perform general administrative duties as requested
- Other duties as assigned
- Exceptional writing skills
- Familiarity with database and spreadsheet software
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Firm commitment to confidentiality (hired candidate will be required to sign a confidentiality agreement)
- Ability to stay productive and motivated while working from home
- Capacity to work independently (Ensaaf employees work in multiple time zones, some of whom work untraditional hours)
- Fluency in Punjabi language is a plus, although it is not required
Position Start Date: >Early September 2011
Minimum Commitment: >6 months
Compensation: >$30,000 annually plus benefits, including medical and dental, with generous vacation and sick leave
Application: Please submit a resume, cover letter, and writing sample to Ensaaf's Office Manager, Christina Cusolito, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The final deadline to apply is August 11, 2011. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview and further evaluation.