Join Ensaaf as a Program Assistant
Do you feel passionate about human rights issues? Are you interested in applying your skills and talents towards a great cause?
Ensaaf is seeking a highly organized and motivated Program Assistant with excellent communication skills to assist our Documentation program, as well as to perform administrative duties.
Ensaaf, which means "justice" in many South Asian languages, is dedicated to ending impunity and achieving justice for human rights violations in Punjab, India, by documenting and exposing human rights violations, bringing perpetrators to justice, and organizing survivors to advocate for their rights to truth, justice, and reparations. For more information, please visit: www.ensaaf.org.
The Program Assistant will work on an innovative human rights documentation project that builds upon the findings in our preliminary report with Benetech's Human Rights Data Analysis Group, Violent Deaths and Enforced Disappearances During the Counterinsurgency in Punjab, India. The Program Assistant will conduct primary documentary research on disappearances and killings and will be trained on preparing data for quantitative analysis. This is a full-time position that reports to the Program Director in Seattle, with a possibility of working remotely.
- Implement data management system for documentation program
- Enter data for large-scale documentation project
- Draft articles for quarterly newsletter
- Draft communications to donors
- Maintain and update donor database
- Plan events
- Conduct general administrative duties
- Incredible attention to detail
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Experience liaising with colleagues on all levels in a multicultural environment
- Ability to evaluate ad hoc requests and find solutions that fit within an established framework
- Fast learner, self-starter, creative problem solver
- Familiarity with database and spreadsheet software preferred
- Fluency in Punjabi language (particularly reading and comprehension) preferred
Compensation: $30,000 annually plus benefits, including medical and dental, with generous vacation and sick leave.
Application: Please submit a resume and cover letter to Jasmine Marwaha at email@example.com. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis, but the final deadline to apply is March 20, 2009.